POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Solar Probe (trial run 1) [~186K Mpg] : Re: Solar Probe (trial run 1) [~186K Mpg] Server Time
20 Jul 2024 19:20:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Solar Probe (trial run 1) [~186K Mpg]
From: Bob H
Date: 11 Oct 2000 20:43:29
Message: <39e50931@news.povray.org>
"Christoph Hormann" <Chr### [at] schunteretctu-bsde> wrote in
message news:39E42E57.FE9C06B1@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de...

| That looks really impressive, how did you do the sun ?
|
| maybe add some firing thrusters to the probe...
|
| The whole movement (camera/probe) looks very pleasant, good work on that.
|
| And please do a larger version too.

Done, but I did a major mistake when fooling with clock in the glow portion,
you'll see if you look at it.
The Sun is something I had done earlier in a animation going from Earth to
the Sun at incredible speed.  Well, pretending so.  It's basically a layer
cake of media in spherical density_map using different patterns for corona,
flares, surface and subsurface.  Not really much to it other than the
adjustments to get the right look.
I'm still planning it out far as how it would go.  Idea is for this probe to
get there fast with as little time as possible in the hostile environment.
Low profile, rotating, liquid gas insulation, etc.

Bob